Monday, December 8, 2014

Top 20 Favorite Songs

Not sure if these lists really appeal to anyone, but me and my sons.  However, I need to state to all you fathers out there that nothing, NOTHING, connects you to your children more than taking an interest in their music.  I have found this to be true as a teacher, and I especially find this to be true as a father.  My sons constantly play songs for me.  And I send them a number of songs that I've heard when they aren't around.  To us, our music connects especially when we can't be together.  If I'm not listening to their music, I'm searching, seeking, and thinking about new songs that I think they will like.  I sincerely hope that we never lose this connection.  And judging by our lists, I don't think we will.  Hopefully, we have named a few that you like as well.  If not, well, give 'em a listen and discover a world beyond Eminem, Katy Perry, and the Bieber.

Ben

20.  "My Cabin" Ylvis
19.  "A Tale of Six Trillion Years and One Night" Vocabid
18.  "House of Gold"  21 Pilots
17.  "Do I Wanna Know"  Arctic Monkeys
16.  "No More Pirates"  Chris Garneau
15.  "Pumped Up Kicks"  Foster the People
14.  "C'mon"  Panic! at the Disco
13.  "Wonder Wall"  Oasis
12.  "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"  Green Day
11.  "The Cave"  Mumford and Sons
10.  "Rolling Girl"  Vocabid
9.    "Taken for a Ride"  Tally Hall
8.    "Cigarette Daydreams"  Cage the Elephant
7.    "Volitile Times"  IAMX
6.    "Jesus of Suburbia"  Green Day
5.    "This is Gospel"  Panic! at the Disco
4.    "Bohemian Rhapsody"  Queen
3.    "Some Nights"  Fun
2.    "Spring and a Storm"  Tally Hall
1.    "We Are Young" Fun

Jonah

20.  "Tonight"  Hot Chelle Rae
19.  "Sideburns"  Tobuscus
18.  "Thistle and Weeds"  Mumford and Sons
17.  "White Blank Page"  Mumford and Sons
16.  "Riptide"  Vance Joy
15.  "Bernadette"  IAMX
14.  "One Day More"  Les Miserables
13.  "Bring Him Home"  Les Miserables
12.  "Bohemian Rhapsody"  Queen
11.  "Beautiful Boy"  Ben Harper cover
10.  "Soul Sister"  Train
  9.  "Somebody That I Used to Know"  Goyte
  8.  "Carry On"  Fun
  7.  "We Are Young"  Fun
  6.  "21 Guns"  Green Day
  5.  "Jesus of Suburbia"  Green Day
  4.  "Miss Atomic"  The Killers
  3.  "Mr. Brightside"  The Killers
  2.  "Taxicab"  21 Pilots
  1.  "A Car, a Torch, a Death"  21 Pilots

Daddy

20.  "Two Step"  Dave Matthews Band
19.  "Me and Bobby McGee"  Janis Joplin
18.  "Father and Son"  Cat Stevens
17.  "One Last"  Avi Buffalo
16.  "No Rain"  Blind Melon
15.  "Especially Me"  Low
14.  "Moment in the Sun"  Clem Snide
13.  "Believing is Art"  Spoon
12.  "The Cave"  Mumford and Sons
11.  "Let It Be"  The Beatles
10.  "Into the Mystic"  Van Morrison
  9.  "Seven Nation Army"  The White Stripes
  8.  "Jesus of Suburbia"  Green Day
  7.  "Lonely Boy"  The Black Keys
  6.  "Otherside"  The Red Hot Chili Peppers
  5.  "Black"  Pearl Jam
  4.  "Runaway"  The National
  3.  "Modern Leper"  Frightened Rabbit
  2.  "With or Without You"  U2
  1.  "Amen Omen"  Ben Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment